Minutes of Meeting held on 16 December, 2017 at CGRI Guest House, Dhakuria, Kolkata.
The following points were discussed and resolved:
1. President Sri Dilip Kumar Sett delivered the introductory speech.
2. The report of 2015-16 was read and accepted.
3. The report of 2016-17 was read and accepted.
4. Mr. Samar Guha Roy stressed on publishing the proceedings of 2017 without further loss of time. It was unanimously decided that Mr. Anikendu Kumar with the co-operation of Ms. Madhuri Bhattacharya will publish the proceeding by 07/01/2018.
5. Mr. Shyamal Roy was co-opted as Joint President of this Institute. It was unanimously resolved.
6. Mr. Surajit Basu proposed to generate revenue for the Institute by starting consultancy activities through the Institute platform in various fields, as huge knowledge based personnel are attached to this institute. The point was discussed at length and passed resolution on the subject. It was decided that in line with the global trend, CAII would henceforth extend its reach to all matters connected with CCP (Coal Combustion Products) and would provide consultancy services for NOx and SOx solutions, amongst other, to power sector and industries.
A committee of the following persons is formed:
a) Ms. Madhuri Bhattacharya - elected as Convenor
b) Mr. S. Basu Thakur – Member
c) Mr. Dilip Kumar Sett - Chairman
d) Mr. Debashish Bhatacharyya – Member and Business Co-Ordinator
e) Mr. Benimadhab Kumar - Member
f) Mr. Surajit Basu - Member
g) Mr. S.K.Sadhu - Member
7. Updation of our website incorporating the membership with www.coalcombustionproduct worldwide and seeking their co-operation in envisaged consultancy activities of the Institute on mutually reciprocal terms.
8. Mr. Samir Kumar Sadhu proposed to organize workshops/technical meets etc. The matter was deliberated upon and resolved that above committee would act on the subject.
9. Mr. Sandip Kumar Sinha was co-opted as Vice President, Mr. Samir Kumar Sadhu was co-opted as Editor (Publications), Ms. Madhuri Bhattacharya was co-opted as Assistant Editor ( publication) and veteran member Dr. S.K.Banerjee was co-opted as Senior Vice President.
10. The audited accounts of 2016-17 was approved and passed at this Annual General Meeting.
11. The membership fees is remain as it was, Rs. 2500 for life time membership.
12. It is proposed to hold a Seminar on CLC Blocks around mid April, 2018.
13. A presentation on CLC Blocks by Ms. Madhuri Bhattacharya was delivered before the august house.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the Chair and all attendees.
Few pictures of the AGM :